Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thanks Be To God

I have a confession to make, this last week has been in a word difficult, to add three more words, sometimes painfully unbearable. This seems to be what happens when we are forced to face our weakness. And as many of you know I hurt myself recently, and my foot looks more like an oversized sausage than my foot these days. Yet, it has become a symbol of my need to wait on God, even in the midst of the pain and process it takes to heal. In that I think of this place the Rez, and I think of my own life and the ugliness I must face their too. As I've been injured some of my deeper struggles have surfaced, thankfully God has really been gracious enough to love and care for me in the midst of my own prideful stupidity. I feel like a child coming to her father bashfully asking Him to help me out of this tough spot I got myself into. Its been hard to sit around without entertainment and admittedly I've broken the rules of our fast more than once. But, when you can't walk you crawl and whey you can't crawl, you ask someone to carry you. I can say with certainty that the Lord is carrying me along with friends (Christine, Emily, etc.) or at least carrying my clothes and food to various places around the house ;) I really have appreciated Emily's last entry and the words of that song. I am ever reminded that we are not simply made to be people unto ourselves, we were created to abide in God's perfect way to exist with Him and in Him. It is a sad dark place without that light shining in us. "But, this poor woman called to the Lord and he heard her cry. He saved her out of all her troubles"
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lords great love we are not consumed. For his mercies never fail, they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

No comments: